Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Jan 4, 2008

Michelle Obama: One step closer


Well Barack Obama just won the Iowa primary (he's the first black man to do it) and now I find myself sitting back and thinking of just how close we are to seeing the first black man become the President of the United States. I always felt that it was possible in my lifetime but I wondered if my 82 year old grandmother who's generation endured so much would ever think that she would experience something like this. And I do call it an experience because this is something new for all us. Now although I enjoyed Barack's acceptance speech my eyes focused on his wife Michelle and his two beautiful children Malia & Sasha. I instantly started to visualize the elegant and stylish Jackie O and her children John and Caroline running around the White House. But the difference is, that was over 40 years ago and this woman looks like me. Not only is she a wife and mother but she graduated with her law degree from Harvard so in other words, she can hold her on. Every time I see her she's so polished ,confident and savvy she's a sistah and she's not trying to be anyone else. I know she will make a wonderful role model to not just women of color but all women. Let's make sure we follow this campaign close because I know the best is yet to come.

Make sure you check out http://www.barackobama.com/ to keep updated with the next step that Barack & Michelle take on their way to the White House.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails