Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Feb 29, 2008

Kitchen Chemist: Natural Toothpaste

I am a self proclaimed "kitchen chemist" so I'm always looking for things to make right in the comfort of my home. When I saw this recipe for natural toothpaste I had to try it and pass it on to you ladies. We have so many chemicals in the majority of the products we use daily so I just wanted to see if I could find a natural alternative to toothpaste.

Here's the recipe...
1. Mix three parts baking soda with one part table salt.
2.Add three teaspoons of glycerine to the dry mix.
3. Add in enough water (a few drops) to make a paste.
4. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to improve the taste.
5.Store in a covered container in a warm place and use like you would regular toothpaste.

Now you may not use this mixture as much as you would your regular toothpaste. But now you have a sugar free and non toxic mixture you can make yourself.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails