Bag Couture - Summer 2010 Most Exclusive Designers - Shop The Collection at Forzieri.com

Feb 8, 2009

Savvy Cooking: Edamame


Edamame is one of my favorite foods to snack on. I like it because it's quick and easy to eat and I can't forget that they are actually good for you.(Soy beans contain protein and high levels of vitamin A,vitamin B and calcium) Edamame are soybeans in a pod and they are native to Japan, China and Korea. The first time I ate these delicious soy beans was about 9 years ago in Japan. Since Asian food is one of my favorites, if I'm not at a Japanese restaurant eating them I usually just by a bag and cook them myself.

This is how I cook edamame.
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a little salt. (you can also steam them)
2. Frozen soybeans need to boil about 7- 8 minutes, fresh or thawed about 5 minutes.
3. Strain the water, place soy beans in a boil and add a little sea salt for flavor.

That's it! A quick snack that's healthy for you and your children may like them too.
You can buy edamame at Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Walmart and Meijers for less than $3.00 for a 16oz bag.

Click the link! for more information

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails